Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sore Calf

Woke up at 4:15 a.m. this morning, even though I'd gone to bed a little before midnight. I was excited to play racquetball this morning. I warmed up from 5-5:15 and practiced a few backhands and ceiling balls. Steve arrived around 5:20 and we played a quick game at 5:30. At 5-7, he ran into me, his knee hitting my left calf as followed through on a forehand passing shot, and let me tell you my calf muscle is still really sore. Damn, I hate getting injured! I hope it's better by tomorrow because I have a challenge match with Rod G. at 10 a.m. I was planning to call Angela G. and schedule a lesson, but I'll wait until I know the extent of my injury. I hope it heals soon because I'm so ready to terrorize my opponents on the racquetball court this month. I am so tired of losing games that should be won. Today, Steve and I were up 14-6 against Mark and another Steve, and we ended up losing 14-16. What the f&#K? It makes me want to destroy things.

I'm reading through Pub Rants, a blog by lit agent Kristin N., and it's a fabulous excuse to keep from revising the book. Yesterday, she posted a request for queries from guys, so I guess I'm sending her mine today. I've been holding off because once I send the query to one agent, I'll start the entire query process, and that means the inevitable string of no thank you's. It only takes one yes, and I've done what I needed to do to deal with this stage of the process, but still, I'm concerned no one will see the potential in Julia Milan. I guess there's only one way to find out.

Man, my calf is sore.

Last night, Chris and I talked about his Grand Gold UBC handbook. It's a marketing marvel, and pure Chris P. I have to remind myself that the ultimate goal is getting one of our scripts sold. I look forward to that day.

I'm firing up the poker skills once again, ready for all the pain and suffering that comes with the endless bad beats I seem to suffer. Will my new, improved attitude withstand the two-, three-, and four-outers just waiting to unravel me, or will I break a whole new set of computer mice this month? Inquiring minds want to know.

I've been reading several blogs this month, which is why I'm writing more on mine. I like blogs.

Here's a picture of my Super Bowl party. It was great! Biff won 1st place. Congrats, Biff!

No comments: