Saturday, February 6, 2010

Revisions & Pinball



I have 80+ sequences in Chapel book 1, each around 3-4 pages each. I'm going through the book one last time before sending out queries to agents. The first few chapters are in good shape. The story's in good shape, too, though I need to develop Julia's healing powers a bit more, setting things up more thoroughly so that the beginning of chapter 13 makes sense. The connection from Max to Julia is a bit vague and may stay that way in book 1. No need explaining everything right away. Anyway, I'm in the middle of chapter 3. I probably have another 60-70 hours left before I can move onto something else.

I'm almost done with Damages, season 2. I'm enjoying this season a lot. They're adding more plot-twist layers into the mix, but doing it effectively. I'm on episode 10. I can't wait to get into season 3, which is dvr'ed.

Last night I took Trey, Miles and Sophie to the Pacific Pinball Museum. What a wonderful time. We were there from 5:30 until 9:45. Trey was the adult in the group who said it was time for bed. I could have stayed until midnight. Neil joined us, too. Richard was out of town for the weekend so he couldn't make it. I played about five or six games of King of Diamonds, but didn't get the special for hitting all the cards. Next time. I like that place. Alameda is a fun place to hang out.

Aside from revising, I spent the day cleaning, making beef stew and shopping for the Super Bowl party tomorrow. People come over at 3. I'm trying out my new seltzer bottle tonight, making my first Italian soda in years.

No comments: