Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Star Alert: Elana Roth

So I've been reading agent blogs, lots of them. It's a great way to get a feel for someone. It's why I'm spending more time on mine (or trying to). Some folks keep more than one blog. How they do it is beyond me. I would have thought blogging would be a breeze for me, but it's not. I'm stunned at how boring I sound sometimes. Others couldn't do boring on their blandest day on earth. Oh, do I admire them.

The best agent blog entry I've read is by Elizabeth Evans. Her 6/19/09 entry on the Kimberley Cameron website is a blogging masterpiece imo. The Plunge. It's got it all, form, substance, funny lines, the whole package. I wonder how long it took her to write? She couldn't have come up with that off the top of her head, no way. "Resistance is futile," I can't wait to meet her at a conference one day and use that on her.

Finally, I've found an equally gifted agent blogger, Elana Roth. Talk about smart and interesting. Elana has good instincts and has no problem sharing her thoughts. I like what she says about storytelling. She's certainly one to watch.

No comments: