Wednesday, October 10, 2007

One Day at a Time

Hitting the groove with my activities, playing poker, writing, cleaning, living life, accomplishing goals. So much on my plate. My poker game is picking up. Placing 3rd in the $5 $2,000 guaranteed was sweet, because it means I can start playing in larger buy-in tournaments with $317 in my account. I began this account with a free $20, and was down to around $4 at one point. I build it up to $100 two months ago. Now with the extra $200, I can play some satellites and no limit cash games. The players on Sportsbetting (aka Cake Poker) seem a little easier to read than the players on Poker Host. The PearlJammer video on PokerXFactor really helped in showing how tight one must play in certain situations. I’m noticing this more and more. I think not making the WSOP last summer was perhaps a good thing for me, because it forced me to improve my game and seek help outside of my typical improvement arena. PokerXFactor has been a big contributor to improving my game, both in tournament and cash games. I can see how poker can become a full-time profession if you want to get really good.
I received a wink from a woman named Diana last week. We talked on the phone last Thursday and planned to perhaps get together this week sometime. I called her on Monday night but have not heard back from her. This has happened many times to me, and it makes me wonder what I’m doing wrong. Then again, maybe I’m not doing anything wrong. It’s just the way it is when it comes to dating. So I’m looking for more prospects. What’s depressing is tomorrow I’m one year older. 44. How did I get to be so old? I don’t feel old. I certainly don’t act old.
I like how I’m improving in all my primary activities. I’ve been forced to step up my racquetball game because Tyrone has committed himself to becoming a better player. He takes lessons, goes to clinics and tournaments, plays all the time, and practices. He gotten so good, and he hits the ball about as hard as Robbie. He may be better than I am right now, which makes me work just as hard on improving my game. I’ve been focusing on getting my backhand shots down this week. Today I played well and made some smart kill shots. Dorian and I won five games in-a-row before losing the last one. One day at a time.

No comments: