Thursday, August 16, 2007

What's Going On

I will be receiving another $5,000 from uncle Bob, my second cash gift. I need it. I’m cash flow negative right now, primarily because I have made little to no money playing poker. I actually haven’t been playing lately. Writing, stock strategies, etc. Weathering the rocky U.S. economy and the fallout from the subprime market. I’m told things will get worse before they get better. But I’m ready to start buying at the proper time. With up and down days, things will become more volatile in the next month or so. Now is the time to continue to do my homework. CSCO is still on my radar, as well as GOOG, EMC, SNDK. Things will continue to do down, however.

Writing: My and Chris’s script “Soulmate,” is off the ground. Here is a project that can be a quintessential love story with sharp scenes and a nice twist at the end. 3 months of hard work. Don’s script has not moved from the shelf in several months. I’m ready to get back to it.

Poker: Still studying pokerxfactor.com. Hoping a good run is in the mix. Also, I must learn when to fold second-best hands. I haven’t been playing live tables because the rake seems so high. I may start playing 6/12 instead of 3/6 just to beat the bad rake. 10/20 on the horizon? I need more money to handle the variance in that high a game.

No comments: