Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Bridge Lesson

Neil and Jenny’s: I went over to Neil and Jenny’s Sat. night for dinner and a bridge lesson. They have done an amazing job renovating their house. It’s filled with art deco touches and nicely coordinated, vibrantly colorful rooms. I really love their house. We had jumbalaya for dinner and it was absolutely delicious. I should make it and heat it up each week. It was soooo good. After dinner, I gave them their first bridge lesson. I began by dealing out five cards each and playing a very simplified version of 3-person five-card bridge. Then we played with a dummy hand (bidder uses the dummy hand). Then we played with 7 cards each. Then we played with the whole deck. By the end of the evening they were playing honeymoon bridge together. That’s their homework assignment for the next few weeks. I would like to get them to a point where they are playing well enough to play with Jenny’s mother and step-father. That would be terrific. The evening ended with a zinfandel port from Rosenblum Vinyards. Very good stuff. A thoroughly enjoyable evening Saturday night.

No comments: