Monday, August 13, 2007

Strict To Do Lists Work

I accomplished a lot this past weekend and have been making very good use of my time lately. Because I’m interested in so many things and so easily distracted, I have been sticking to a strict to do list that keeps me on track. It’s working. I’m reading, watching movies, everything but writing. I always shy away from writing. I know why. I always think it’s no good. I’ve been doing what I can to rewrite the negative thoughts in my head. I’ve had a fair degree of success. Nothing spectacular, but I am improving.

This morning I played doubles racquetball for the first time in several weeks and went undefeated with Steve. I’ve been playing well lately, certainly since my lesson with Gerry Price. I just hope my ankle holds up. It’s sore again, but I’m beginning to wonder if the brace I wear is actually hurting more than helping. I think it may be hurting. There’s a spot on the brace that pinches my nerve. I’m not wearing the brace the next few times and instead taping my ankle. That should help.

The summer is winding down. Lots to finish. Played poker over the weekend, and though I didn’t win anything exciting, I liked how I played. I thought I made smart decisions throughout. More later.

No comments: