Monday, January 25, 2010

Off to a Good Start

This month has been busy, and every hour feels as though it's filled up with writing, reading, poker and racquetball, all at the same time. Well, maybe not at the same time, but it sometimes feels that way. I have SO much I want to accomplish this year. I'm revising Chapel and feeling pretty good about the first book. I enjoy writing about Julia and her family, and can't wait to begin book 2.

Yesterday, I watched both NFL playoff games and was heartbroken to see Favre and the Vikings lose to the Saints. So close! The Vikings had their chances and blew it. Sports is such an emotional test of focus and discipline. Anway, go Saints for the Superbowl. I hope they can pull it off.


Lady Gaga...I thought I'd check out all the fuss before dismissing her act as hyped publicity without any content. Expecting to find shock-gimmickry and no talent, imagine my jaw-dropping surprise when el Gaga turned out to be an avant-garde glam genius with as much raw talent as David Bowie and Freddie Mercury. I was stunned. Okay, so I'm a year behind the mainstream; now I'm on the bandwagon. Go, Gaga, Go!

No comments: