Friday, September 21, 2007

In San Francisco with Uncle Chris

I met Chris last night in San Francisco at his hotel The Villa Florence on Powell. Cute little place, small rooms, great location. We walked to The R&G Lounge on Kearney for some excellent Asian cuisine. We order hot & sour soup, R&G Special Beef, and the seafood combination in clay pot. Really tasty meal. Very good food (though not cheap). We talked about Gwen and Jill and the depression that our family suffers from. Chris seemed a little bit down last night, not too peppy, and not really wanting to talk script stuff. We waited until after dinner when we discussed the characters in our new story. We went to a Starbuck’s close to his hotel and talked for an hour or so. We brainstormed titles and ideas for the gimmick we’ll be using in the script. Then we walked around the city for a 15 minutes or so before going to bed. The morning I worked out at Club One at the Fairmont Hotel. The place is tiny, but it felt good to get my cardio out of the way. I ate breakfast at Lori’s Diner on Powell, a 50’s-style diner with five vintage pinball machines! I love this place. I could see myself going into San Fran just to play some pinball for a couple of hours. What a great thing. Makes me want to go to pinball conventions and play more games!

No comments: