Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Poker about to begin for me in 2009

I will devote a lot more time to poker soon. I wanted to establish my writing routine first and work on things at home before I put too much time and attention into poker. I'm reading Harrington's cash game books right now. They are very thorough and should prove effective in some of the lower stakes nl games I come across at the Oaks and San Pablo. I see myself working on several aspects of my poker games: nl cash games to generate some consistent revenue, my limit game to increase my FPPs on Stars, my heads up game because this will make me a better player, and my MTT game because I enjoy them and this is where the money is. Everything else might have to be secondary for the time being, though I'd like to venture into the split-level games at some point.

I've put together my charts for the year. I continue to run poorly at Craig's. Last week I had two players dominated with high pairs, only to lose both hands to sets. That was disappointing. I played well though, and was very aggressive once the antes kicked in. We'll see what happens tonight.

No comments: