Saturday, February 7, 2009

New Year

Today will be the first day I play poker live at the Oaks. I'm reading throught the Harrington cash game books and planning to play the low no limit tables regularly. When I played there a few months ago, the play was loose and typically weak, with lots of gamble. People get bored quickly and want to win a big pot. I won't be too reckless. Usually, in games like those, I wait for strong opening hands and raise preflop and push all in on the flop. Either the hand holds up or it doesn't. It holds up over half the time, maybe 60%.

I plan to play for 6 hours or so. I'm looking forward to it. I'm really going to work on my observation skills this year. I can do a much better job of paying attention to tells. This will be a top priority for me in today's session and the sessions ahead. I'm curious to know what the hourly rate is for a top player at these tables.

No comments: