Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Work

I've been getting lots of sleep lately. I feel good and have tons of energy. That's good, because I want to accomplish so much today. A full list of to-do projects. I meet with Chris tonight, so I'm writing three scenes for our latest script. I also want to play at least an hour's worth of poker. 1 million hands is huge commitment, but I think it would be a great accomplishment. I hope I stick it out. I hope I don't go broke trying it. That's what worries me a bit. I'm not sure if I'm playing the game properly. I seem to be losing a little more than winning so far. I'm only 3500 hands into it, but still, I don't want to lose hundreds upon hundreds of dollars here. The month is flying by. I'm making a point of enjoying each moment. When at Gwen's and with friends, I want to be on my best behavior. One of my resolutions in 2008 is to take losing in stride. Not take it personally. This is something I can do. It's really a matter of reshifting energy away from personal inadequacy and more into acknowledging an accomplishment. It's all about shifting thoughts and perspectives. I've had a year now to practice my lists and schedules as a way of staying on track. It's tough to stay focused at times and see things through. But I want to see certain projects through to the end. I want to get a script purchased and made into a film. And I want to compete in big $10,000 buy-in tournaments. I also want to find an appropriate match who is healthy and fun and gets me. What if 2008 were my breakout year. Wouldn't that be something.

No comments: