Sunday, January 28, 2007


I saw Little Children last night with Richard in Berkeley. Very good film. One of the better domestic dramas I’ve seen, with some knockout performances. I was particularly curious to see Jackie Earle Haley’s performance as the sex offender who lives with his mother in the middle of an upper class suburban community. I remember him from two quality films from the 70s, The Bad News Bears and Breaking Away. His role was limited, but what he did with it was impressive. There are some haunting scenes with him, especially the date sequence. Wow. Creepy. A great moment that captures his illness. Kate Winslet, as always is brilliant. One of the best actresses around and has been for years. I love watching her perform. The other lead in the film, Patrick Wilson, whom I’d remembered from Angels in America, was also terrific. The director, Todd Field, also directed In the Bedroom. This guy is good.

No comments: