Thursday, December 16, 2010

Busy

I just bought Richard Yates’s biography “A Tragic Honesty.” I’ve been meaning to read it for some time. This will motivate me to read my collection of his work. I love his writing so much. His voice is similar to mine. Whenever I forget what good writing is supposed to sound like, I can always refer to him.

Richard Russo is another writer I should be reading. He’s so smooth and effortless.

In the meantime, I’m plowing through all the YA series books I have piled up at home.

Dexter Issues: It’s season 5 of Dexter, which means the writers have to think way outside the box to come up with new material for their characters. All-in-all, season five is pretty good, but a few things feel familiar, like Dexter using someone else to help him kill. We saw that in season 3 with (Jimmie Smits). Also, (Angel’s wife) feels unbelievable now and inconsistent. She used to stand for something, but throws Deb under the bus. I’m not sure I believe that. And poor Angel caught in the middle. Their relationship may need to come to an end. I’m bored with it.

Peter Weller is great as a lowlife ex-cop who investigates Dexter. Deb and (guy)’s relationship can any anytime now. I’m on episode 10, three more to go. I have lots to catch up on!

No comments: