Wednesday, August 17, 2011

3 Films

Saw a couple of films:


Interesting storyline, though the reveals weren't very surprising. The ending has a POV problem until I assumed we were in Jake's head the entire time. Vera Farmiga is a delight to watch, though I didn't understand why her character was so abrupt and detached early on. What's lost if she's more sympathetic and encouraging?


Unknown might have been decent had it not been so unbelievable and ridiculous. Did we really need that endless, silly chase scene? Why do movies do that? And January Jones dying the way she did at the end...please. This is either a really bad 2-star film or a pretty decent one-and-a-half star film. Ugh.


I'll be the first to acknowledge that Paul Giamatti is a brilliant actor. I love the guy, but how does someone who looks the way he does get all these beautiful women? I mean, really. Also, why on earth would his third wife have anything to do with a guy as crazy as Barney. The ending dovetailed into one of the silly soap operas produced by Totally Unnecessary Productions. I didn't get this film, though really liked Dustin Hoffman, Minnie Driver, Paul G. and Rosamund Pike.

I'm waiting for a really good film to fall into, Cuckoo's Nest good.

No comments: