Monday, May 30, 2011

Back from Reno

Alice and I visited my sister Jill and her family over the weekend. It was a relaxing, enjoyable stay. Alex (5) and Hayden (3) are so cute and fun. Sandy had to put up with their nonstop petting and feeding (especially food she's not supposed to eat). It's nice to be home and back to work. I have a dentist appointment after spin class tomorrow that I'm not looking forward to. Oh, well.

I've looked over four chapters so far and will only need to overhaul the Piedmont Park scene in Chapter 9. It's not as dramatic as it should be. Also, Chloe's friends could be a little meaner, I think. As it stays, the entire scene is a little too flat and forgettable.

I'm still plowing through the Richard Yates biography. I'm on chapter 11 and hope to finish this beast by the end of the week. I can't believe it's already 11:15 p.m. How did that happen?

No comments: