Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Club One Fall Finals

I took the Club One Racquetball title again, beating Tyrone 15-9, 15-8 in a match that wasn’t as close as it could have been. T was off a bit and lacked some of the hunger that he usually brings to big games. He left his shots up and skipped several balls. He didn’t put shots away and let me off the hook throughout the match. I lob served about 80% of the time and T set me up many times. He made a nice run toward the end of the first game and the beginning of the second game, but aside from those two instances he was pretty much contained. There was a good size crowd and Alice, Richard, Lisa, Trey, Gerrad, Miles, Sophie, and Neil were there to cheer me on. That was the most satisfying part of the evening I think, seeing everyone there. Aaron K showed up and all the morning racquetballers were there. I worked hard for this repeat title and it feels good having that second plaque hanging inside my office cubicle.

No comments: