Monday, April 19, 2010

I've been mixing it up these past few days, playing poker, studying hands and strategies on pokerxfactor and SitnGo Strategies, and also revising my query and reading three books for my upcoming writing workshop in May.



I'm about a third into Cuckoo's Nest right now. I've never read it. McMurphy's dialogue is so electrifying. I'm really enjoying it. I hadn't read Gatsby in many years, but it sure holds up nicely. I can see why it's considered one of the best novels every written. I've always loved it and still do. Miss Lonelyhearts is certainly fun to read and funny in parts, but it doesn't hold my interest as well. It's just too much, too cynical and emotionally distanced.

I'm hoping to accomplish a lot this week. Lots of reading and prepping for my writing class in May. Preparation is the key to everything. The weather is finally consistently nice, though I heard there's another rain storm coming. I'm so done with the rain.

No comments: